I have started Operation Get My Life In Order and one of the areas is improving my health.
It is really sad that so many of us let our health slide into the background falling second, third, or last to every other priority in our life that chews away at our time.
Health should never be placed into the background. It is the one thing we should be getting right and paying attention to. If we don’t get that right everything else in our life suffers.
As in any area you want to improve, you need some goals.
Improving my Health Goals
- Lose 5-7 kilos by the end of November
- Increase my energy levels
- Reduce my coffee intake
- Increase the amount of water I drink
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet of more fruit, nuts, grains and vegetables, and less sugar
My Health Improvement Plan
- Drink 2 L of water every day. I will make sure I have a bottle of water sitting on my desk and carry it around more with me.
- Walk for at least 30 mins at least 4 times a week
- Exercise vigorously– combining aerobic and strength training at least 3 times a week for at least 30 mins
- Drink no more than one cup of coffee a day, instead replacing it with green tea. If I can get this down to just 2-3 cups a week, I’ll be happy.
- Sleep at least 6 hours a night ( Savannah darling, I need your help on this one)
- My diet is pretty good. Being vegetarian I eat a lot of fruit and veg, nuts and grains. I want to cut down the amount of bread I eat and special chocolatey, cake treats.
- Take Spirulina every day and liver cleansing tonic
How will I be accountable?
This is the hardest factor with trying to improve anything. We have the goals, the plan but then when it comes time to putting it into action we let excuses get in the way.
I will record my progression both here in the blog and on my fan page. I’d love for you, my readers, to check in with me every now and then, asking how the plan is going, either on twitter, facebook or the blog.
Craig and I will be helping each other be accountable. He has a hidden six pack that he wishes to rediscover as well.
The good news is that I have already started and today my muscles are aching from my workout yesterday.
The bad news is that I did not work out this morning. I had good intentions, but after a rough night with sweet Savannah, I just could not get myself up early enough. Never fear I will be exercising this afternoon. Maybe just a walk to ease out the pains in my muscles.
Let me know what goals you have for improving your health.