I started Mojito Mother in April, not really knowing what I had planned for it or where I wanted it to go. I just knew I had to start it up.
Most of you who have been reading this blog now that my travel blog is where I devote most of my time and energy. I wish I had more time to put into Mojito Mother, and am focused on doing that for next year.
Right now I am just doing the best I can.
When I look back on my year with Mojito Mother, the thing that really jumps out at me as to why it has been a great move and a success is the people I have met as a result.
It has added a little something more attractive to what we do on y travel blog for advertisers etc and has given me a little bit more of a profile and good opportunities, but it has really been the people that has made it such a great experience.
I’m building a community of kind, caring and positive women (and men too) over on my fan page, who have been a great source of encouragement and inspiration to me,.
My RSS reader has exploded with so many inspiring mummy and personal blogs to read.
I’ve been to many networking events where I have had the pleasure to meet so many incredible women in person.
A meditation session told me to, and I needed a space where I could write so many things I wanted to that didn’t quite fit with y travel blog.
Here are some lovely ladies I have had the pleasure of meeting offline and on who have been so supportive, encouraging, positive, uplifting, inspirational and helpful. All are doing wonderful things with their own blogs as well.
- Kirri from Happy Mums at Home– always so positive and encouraging and a wise Mumma
- Zoey from Good Googs– always heartfelt and touching writing and the cutest baby ever!
- Veronica from Mixed Gems– for being such a great support and source of encouragement with my parenting woes
- Lina from Mothers Love Letters- now my blogger’s agent and friend
- Mrs Woogs– always entertaining and paving the way for many Mummy bloggers
- Nic from Planning with Kids– energetic, inspiring, helpful and shared one of my funniest plane moments ever with me (blog post coming up on y travel)
- Nikki from Styling You– a mentor to many in the blogging community and a very helpful beauty advisor at 3am in an airport.
- Brenda from Digital Parents– so bubbly and energetic helping to make the digital blogging great for all. Thanks for the speaking gig at DP Unplugged!
- Martine from The Modern Parent- always so sweet and friendly A pleasure to meet in person.
- Maria from Mums Word– always warm and friendly when we have met at blogging events. Digital Parents Conference will rock with your organizational help.
- Kelly Exeter– so supportive and encouraging!
- Vanessa from Blog Learnings-so appreciate the positive feedback and support.
- Jodie from Parent Wellbeing– so great meeting in person at the Blogggers Brunch
- Lisa from Here I am Lou Lou– energetic and bubbly and can recommend excellent Italian restaurants in back alleyways of Melbourne
- Denyse Whelan– so sweet and enthusiastic and a great help minding Savannah at Problogger.
- Lisa from New Life on the Road– such a sweet and friendly person. Awesome to meet at Problogger and chat with online.
- Laney from Crash Test Mummy– so friendly and supportive and doing so awesome with her blog.
I just hope in my wrap up I have not forgotten any other wonderful people who have been an inspiration and help this year.
Thank you so much to all my readers. I appreciate your comments, feedback, shares and silent support, for those who don’t feel comfortable in commenting. I know you are there and I thank you.
I’m looking forward to a bigger 2012 and am working on some goals and direction for Mojito Mother. Please let me know if there is anything you would like me to do or you would like to see on here or my communities.