I’m a serial traveller, blogger and sunset mojito drinker. Combine that with a swinging hammock on a Thai beach and you have summed up my total being.
It’s what I stand for. It’s what I believe life should be about.
Living it, Loving it.
What other reason for life would there be?
Is it the destination that gives us happiness or the journey?
It’s a little of both, but true joy and inner peace can only be attained when we walk the path of our purpose.
I call it tapping into your mojo.
Empowering yourself to know you hold magic within you means you can create magic in your outer world as well.
I dedicate my life to finding and using my mojo.
And it’s a working progress.
That is what I and this blog is about: walking my path of true purpose with empowerment so I can handle any challenge that comes my way.
I want to share the path with you in order to show you how you can do the same.
Sign up below for my series on how to create more magic in your life
I’m also a mother.
To two wonderful beautiful girls. They remind me of the magic every day. They remind me to dance like no one is watching, to be in awe of everything that crosses my path, to allow curiosity to drive my questions, to allow play and laughter to dominate my days.
Both have names that have the meaning of wild and pleasant. Both are also the name of wineries. Yeah. That’s another thing about me. I love wine. I also love mojitos And the odd crafted beer. Wheat beer is my favourite, in particular, Old Well White from the roof top of Top of the Hill, Chapel Hill, NC. It’s also my favourite liveable town. We lived just down the road in Raleigh for four years. Surprisingly we loved it. So much we’d do anything to move back, but that little thing called a green card stands in our way.
Yes. I am a traveller.
I’ve been doing it since I graduated Uni as a teacher in 1997. I don’t know any other way to live my life. I don’t want to live my life in any other way. It’s where I feel safest. Totally free and completely immersed in joy. I’m lucky I have a husband who feels the same way and two daughters who are proving to be just as in love with it.
Travel Blogging and my work
We travel a lot. I write about it a lot. Not so much here on Mojito Mother, but a lot on our third baby, y Travel Blog, one of the biggest travel blogs in the world . We’ve worked with Ford, Qantas, Carnival Cruises, Nissan, Canon, Tourism Australia, Tourism New Zealand, Tourism Thailand and almost all Australian State Tourism Boards. We’ve just finished an18 month road trip around Australia, blogging about it and sharing the journey on our social media channels. Travel and blogging go so well together for us. It’s easy because we love it and we know it and it’s just like one big travel party with our community.
I have a travel ebook which you can by here. It teaches you how to create the travel life you love without spending a fortune. 16 years of strategies for getting free or cheap travel contained inside.
I’ve also written an ebook: Step into our Sacredness: 12 principles for creating the life your soul yearns for
Sometimes I speak about blogging and blogger/brand relationships. I’ve taught around the world so I am used to standing in front of people and sharing knowledge. I LOVE to do it, because I love to share and I love to help others. On Mojito Mother, I share the joys of life and how I handle the challenges. I’m not here to tell you that life is oh so rosy, and all you have to do is think like that and you’ll have it. That’s BS.
Life will always involve ups and downs, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t empowered to deal with them. That’s why I always focus on how we can turn the shit around and own the happiness rather than the shit.
I’m big on the magic- that is the power and support of the Universe to bring you mostly what you want, but always what you need. I’m always sharing the magic, with strategies and tips you can apply to create the life your soul really dreams of. Life feels good when you do.
Some other things about me:
- I love rock music: Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam are my favourite
- I also love folk music- it goes well with a hammock- Jack Johnson, Ben Harper and John Butler Trio rock my world
- I love socialising and making new friends
- I was pescatarian but recently switched back to meat because I’m also recently gluten free and the two don’t go well together when eating out. And with our job, we eat out a lot.
- I could eat Thai three meals a day for the rest of my life and be very happy
- I love hiking, especially up mountains
- I’ve lived in 5 countries, and travelled through 51
- I love to hug trees.
- I cannot sing, but my greatest dream would be to be a rock star.
- I am really unstylish, but am working on it.
- Queue jumpers and those who correct people in public, just to make themselves look good, annoy the shit out of me. So do flies.
- I am a passionate person and get really excited about things really easily.
- I am not religious, but deeply spiritual.
- I love to meditate and go within to find the answers and practice peace.
- I believe each person enters our life with something to teach us.
- I believe each person that enters our life should be respected and honoured as precious and sacred.
- I’m fascinated by others’ stories and would love to hear yours.
Stay connected with me so I can learn more about you. I’ll also do my best to inspire you to find your mojo and create magic in your life.
You can connect with me in the following ways:
- Sign up to receive my free email series on how to create the magical life of your dreams
- Connect with me on my social channels and join the conversation (click on the buttons in the side bar)
- Send me an email
If you want to know more about why I called this site Mojito Mother and who’s the site for then click to read more.