I can’t believe that I have been married for 10 years. It makes me feel really
Friday the 13th: My ten year wedding anniversary.
As somewhat of an omen believer I should be scared.
We are switching off today (well except for our phones) and going to enjoy what we have always loved about our marriage- travel and adventure. We are having a child-free evening in Sydney, and will spend the day walking around Sydney Harbour (if the weather behaves).
This might not seem so exciting to some, but Craig and I have always loved hiking and exploring with our feet. We don’t get to do much of it anymore with the girls. I can’t wait. We are going to stop at cafes along the way, for coffee and lunch. It will be so relaxing.
To celebrate, in no particular order, are
10 things I love about my marriage
1. I’m married to a ridiculously good looking man who I thought would never look twice at me. I really should pin him to my Hunky Men pinterest board.
2. We can laugh at how much we can annoy the shit out of each other, and at each other’s pathetic jokes and goofiness.
3. We have had so many amazing travel adventures together which has helped build a solid foundation for our marriage. It didn’t break us!
4. We’ve always been best friends and we enjoy hanging out with each other a lot.
5. We view our marriage as being that we are both part of a team. This helps us work together to get over challenges and to support and encourage each other.
6. We have created two amazing little girls.
7. We are both sports and party mad. Neither of us really has to try and drag the other one home; we just hold each other up on the way out.
8.We have the same values and passions and like the same music (although he hasn’t caught my passion for country music yet)
9. We have created a business and a lifestyle that we both love. Even though I often want to throw my computer at his desk that sits opposite me, I am glad that we are in this together.
10. We can have horrific fights yet we make up and get over it (usually after a couple days of the talking ban imposed by my stubbornness)
Some other creepy things about us/ our marriage
When we were travelling lots of people thought we were brother and sister because we look alike.
Often we will notice that we have dressed in the same colour without realizing.
We often say what the other one is thinking or about to say.